In today's technology landscape, data security is a very important topic that should not be taken lightly. Sending sensitive information over outside your systems is always a risk and precautions need to be taken to make sure that information reaches the indended recipient and they handle it correctly.
What We DoAt WebMerge, we value the privacy and security of your data very highly. We do a number of things to make sure your data is never available outside of our system or to any unauthorized persons. Here are a few of the things we do:
- Amazon AWS: WebMerge runs on Amazon AWS data centers and benefits from the compliance and security measures provided by AWS.
- SSL: All information is sent over a secure SSL connection to prevent man-in-the-middle attacks.
- Firewall: Our systems are protected behind a firewall and 24/7 monitoring
- Data Encryption: Any information that is stored on our system is encrypted using 256 bit encryption (By default, we do not save any merge data in our system. It is immediately deleted after a merge.)
- Secure Download: Instead of emailing a document, we provide the option to require a download from our system via a secure password
What You Can DoWe do as much as we can to keep your data protected, but there are also a few things that you can/should do to make sure that you are not sending information that can be intercepted.
- If you are sending sensitive information (credit cards, social security numbers, etc), please do not email the document. Choose to send to a secure service like Box or choose the "High Security" option for the email that requires the document to be downloaded from our website.
- Only send information that is necessary to merge. If your form collects sensitive information, but it is not needed in your document, don't send it to WebMerge.
- Do not share any documents that have been created with sensitive information